Filing a Dispute
Accurate Background takes the accuracy of our information very seriously. In the event you feel that the information reported on your background check is inaccurate, please follow the steps below to dispute the findings.
You have several ways to request investigation of information on your background check report:
- Fax: By faxing a dispute letter to 800.784.3593
- Email: By emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: By calling Accurate Background at 800.216.8024
- Mail: By mailing your dispute letter to:
7515 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Please include the following information with your dispute request:
- Full name
- Confirmation or ID number
- Social Security Number (do not provide if sending via email)
- Daytime phone number
- Copy of driver license or photo ID (please enlarge and ensure copy is clear and legible)
- Describe the specific incorrect information and the nature of your dispute
- Documents to support your dispute (if available)
- Your signature
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please visit this page: Consumer Disputes.
For additional questions, please email our Dispute Department at email@example.com.